Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Raw Sunday

Sorry for the light blogging the last few days, but I've been pretty busy working on stuff for Raw.

As you might have read at Raw Story today, I am going to be running a new section called Raw Sunday, which I'm pretty excited about, and I hope will be well received.

Here's Raw's Executive Editor Larry Womack on what we have in store:

Each weekend, RAW STORY will be reinvented into a special edition focusing on in-depth news reports and features. Raw Sunday, headed by Section Editor Ron Brynaert, promises to use the more relaxed and cerebral Sunday paper format to spotlight underreported news from around the world. It will also offer lighter news stories and, of course, all the best (and worst) in the week's Sunday punditry, as well as new and exciting original features. Ron is currently tinkering with the format of the page (yes, even that will change,) which will be available in a separate tab in the top of the page. I am immensely excited at what he's come up with so far.

One of the most exciting parts about this new assignment will be getting to work with voices outside Raw Story. I plan to commission stories by many of the talented bloggers I know on the left, right, middle, and non-political tip, as well as other independent journalists and academics.

Of course, since we're not supported by any multimillionaires, we'll only be able to pay nominal fees for articles. But how many bloggers out there never even made a dime for their hard work? I know I was psyched the first time I got paid for doing what I love to do.

Stay tuned (and, of course, drop me a line if you'd like to be considered for a future writing assignment).


|




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?