Monday, October 31, 2005

Why Are We Back At Press Think

Two years ago I started this blog...originally to promote my play - "The Rules of Embedment or Why Are We Back In Iraq?" (sample scenes can be read at the bottom of this page)

Although I had a few readings that went well, my producer dropped out, and I had no funds or connections to go any further. After toying with political satire for a spell I started blogging like everyone else in the spring of 2004.

But it wasn't until I wrote this little story - on November 6, 2004 - about the Bush family connections to Project P.U.L.L. co-founder Ernie Ladd, "Cocaine, Wrestling & George Bush," that I realized I could do more than just blog my opinions. So - laugh if you want - I became an investigative blogger.

A few days ago Jay Rosen asked me to work on a guest post at Press Think, which was quite an honor since he's been a huge inspiration and influence on my work.

So here's a link to "Does The New York Times Have a Learning Disability?" (My original title was "More Than Curious, Less Than Learning," and...heh...in the first draft I played like Donald Trump and advocated the termination of four Times people but we toned it down some)

I guess you can say "propaganda" is the theme of Why Are We Back In Iraq? The play and the blog.

If you're coming here for the first time...here's some of the work I've done that I'm most proud of...including articles published at Raw Story that I worked on:

"'Spikes of Activity' in the DSM"

"U.S. changed Iraq policy to begin airstrikes months before war"

"Beyond Abramoff: Gambling lobbyist joined with anti-gambling congressman, derailed gambling bills"

"A Deconstruction of the Newsweek 'Riots'"

" Reporter, editor say 'Jeff Gannon' plagiarized article"

"Coulter caught cribbing from conservative magazines"

"Are Our Troops Dying For Paxcon?"

"Kenneth Blackwell's Confession"

"The New York Times is a Brick Wall"

"Company run by Frist's brother made $630m deal two days before he announced he would be leader"

"Military releases seep into Katrina news articles"

"Who Really Knows Who Shot Who?

"Conservative magazine blames blacks, political correctness for chaos"

"Miers provided misleading information to Judiciary Committee"

In addition, the countless articles I wrote on GOPUSA.com and election 2004 are linked on the right.


|




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?