Saturday, October 15, 2005

Judith Miller's Confession

From "My Four Hours Testifying in the Federal Grand Jury Room" by Judith Miller, this jumps out:

Mr. Fitzgerald asked about a notation I made on the first page of my notes about this July 8 meeting, "Former Hill staffer."

My recollection, I told him, was that Mr. Libby wanted to modify our prior understanding that I would attribute information from him to a "senior administration official." When the subject turned to Mr. Wilson, Mr. Libby requested that he be identified only as a "former Hill staffer." I agreed to the new ground rules because I knew that Mr. Libby had once worked on Capitol Hill.

Did Mr. Libby explain this request? Mr. Fitzgerald asked. No, I don't recall, I replied. But I said I assumed Mr. Libby did not want the White House to be seen as attacking Mr. Wilson."

Holy shit!

I can't believe Judy Miller admitted that.

She allowed a source to redefine himself, without asking why, even though she assumed that he wanted to do so in order to protect the Bush Administration.

Leave of absence?

No.

Judith Miller deserves to be fired.


|




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?